Sunday, January 25, 2009

Letter to the Christ Child

This year instead of writing a letter to Santa, I suggested that L. write a letter the the Christ Child. I told him that after he wrote the letter we would put it on the windowsill and the angels would take it up to heaven and give it to Jesus. His letter was so sweet, I thought I would share it. Here is what my 5 year-old told me to write:

Dear Christ Child,
I want to buy a GeoTrax with an airplane and a remote control. I love everybody. I will give everyone who is in the hospital a band-aid. They can come to my house and eat my food and my dessert too. I want to give God a present. I will give him a GeoTrax and help each other.
I love God and Jesus and baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph. I love Daddy and you, N., and K., myself, and St. George, and God, and St. Nicholas, and St. Martin de Porres.
I am thankful for my house. I love Baby Jesus.

L.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Hi AnneMarie!

In prayer, my hand was led to Blessed MAry of Incarnation (April 18) http://www.magnificat.ca/cal/engl/04-18.htm
Pray for abused women.

For your blog - St. Albert the Great, Doctor of the Church
Pray that all would recognize God as the Creator of all science(Nov 15)
I look forward to hearing what connections you make to these holy men and women.

This letter to the Christ Child is SOOOO adorable!

Laura O in AK said...

AM,

How sweet that N wrote this and also shared what he had with others. The story of the poor woman giving all she had in the basket was in D's religion today and we've talked about helping others.

On another note, I've given you an award on my blog:

http://daybydayinourworld.blogspot.com/2009/01/another-blog-award-for-me.html

Nope said...

That is sooo cute!!!